We are seeking an energetic, dynamic and athletic-minded person to join our growing team as the Accounting Manager. This role will support the VP of Finance and Operations with all senior accounting tasks including Financial Reporting and compliance. This role is expected to become a Controller position within 1-2 years and will help lead the development/expansion of the accounting department through the Company’s expected growth. The ideal candidate must have 5+ years’ experience in an accounting role, preferably within public accounting or consumer goods. Familiarity with NetSuite is a plus.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage month-end closing, including maintenance of all account reconciliations
- Create month-end financial reports for all governing parties
- Complete monthly borrowing base reports and calculations
- Manage Senior Accountant
- Ensure sales tax compliance, including monthly review of sales tax calculations, and adherence to Nexus obligations
- Maintain compliance of all state registrations, including annual reports and other regulatory requirements
- Prepare monthly commission summary and details for external sales reps
- Manage receivables for International customers, including invoicing of deposits
- Act as primary contact for annual financial and bi-annual bank audits
- Verify / input supplier invoices
The Accounting Manager must also:
- Utilize Microsoft Excel to efficiently analyze data and prepare reports
- Be prepared to assist other departments with projects or daily tasks
- Work quickly and diligently through workload
- Be able to work independently
- Understand capabilities and workflow of NetSuite and work to increase knowledge of system
- Be able to roll up their sleeves and contribute at any level
- Experience in a senior accounting position
- Bachelor’s Degree and CPA preferred
The Ideal Candidate would have:
$100,000-$110,000, full-time, non-exempt, bonus eligible. Topo Athletic offers 100% employer paid benefits, including health, dental, vision, STD and LTD. All employees are also eligible to participate in the Topo Athletic 401(k) plan.
Topo Athletic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe in the value of diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming environment for all employees, regardless of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.